- I’m English, and I have lived in beautiful New Zealand since 2004. I am now a kiwi citizen and I support the All Blacks (against anyone but England!)
- I have an BSc. Honours degree in Psychology which is a fantastic complement to my Life Coaching certification. I have always been fascinated with what makes us who we are.
- I am trained in Myers Briggs Personality typing… I am an ENFJ - see bottom of page!
- I am proud to be the first Certified Martha Beck Coach in New Zealand. This was an extensive 9 month training programme, one of the most rewarding things I have ever undertaken. More details about the amazing Martha and what Life Coaching is all about on the About Coaching page.
- I worked in numerous senior commercial roles in the newspaper and magazine industry for 17 looooooooong years, both here (New Zealand Herald, NZ Woman’s Weekly, etc) as well as in the UK (The Financial Times). I managed budgets over $30M and staffing over 100 people. So I know (more than I ever wanted to know) about the challenges of corporate life. I was pretty good at it, won national awards and all that sort of thing. Good times.
- I started practicing yoga in 2001 in London, in a fantastic beginners course with an amazing, inspirational teacher called Simona. That course changed my life! I realised then that I wanted teach yoga so others could experience the incredible benefits in mind, body and soul.
- I trained to be a yoga teacher in 2005 with the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre: an incredible global organisation.
- I set up Positive Balance teaching Yoga in 2005 and have taught hundreds of lovely local students in our beautiful Northcote Point studio.
- I expanded Positive Balance in 2010 to offer wider wellbeing services, as well as the yoga classes. I believe in everyone’s potential to have a happy, low-stress and purposeful life: in complete wellbeing, not just physical but mental, emotional and spiritual too. I am super excited about sharing the knowledge I have in the areas of Weight Loss Coaching and Career Coaching.
- I love murder mysteries… I am slightly obsessed in fact!
- I finally feel my life has fallen into place. I have a life I LOVE, and I want to help others realise their happiest life too.
My Myers Briggs Personality Type: ENFJ
“ENFJs are sociable, responsive, and highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. They are good at drawing out the best in others and want to help everyone fulfil his or her potential.
ENFJs can provide inspiring leadership to a group. They act as catalysts for individual and group growth.
ENFJs are predominantly interested in seeing the possibilities beyond what is present, obvious, or known. They value home, family, health, friendships, learning, and community service.
ENFJs look for and find the best in others, seeing potential in everyone and wanting to help others fulfill their potential.”
ENFJs represent approximately 3% of the population.