I work with smart, successful and busy, busy people who are looking to carve a little more balance and peace into their lives but struggling to make it happen… because they are so busy! I work with wired workaholics and exhausted mum’s to help them achieve and live that elusive life/work balance and regain their energy and zest for life.
Coaching is the ultimate power tool to get your life into the shape you want it to be. Together we will uncover the limiting beliefs, behaviours and habits that keep you stuck like a hamster on a wheel. We will learn tools and techniques to live your life your way in line with your true priorities and values. We will uncover your passions and make the time to live the life you have always dreamed of.
Why You Need a Coach
This type of coaching is for you if you:
- Feel there are never enough hours in the day
- Continually feel stressed and /or unwell/run down
- Live on coffee to keep you going and get everything done
- Have a general ’is this it?’ slightly discontented feeling…
- Feel at times as if you are a human doing not a human being
- That you are not truly connected to yourself and your passions because you are so goddamn busy!
What You Get from Coaching
We will give you more time, more energy and more peace in your life. We will reduce your stress and bring your life into a positive and passionate balance. We will do this together and you will see that with specific tools and techniques that support a new way of thinking you can ‘have it all’ on your own terms.
As a recovering workaholic who has also recovered from a chronic stress related illness I have been at the extreme end of the scale on this one… so I know, really know, how it feels to be that hamster on the wheel. What I learned about this type of coaching literally saved my life and given me a life I love. I look forward to working with you to get you the balance you crave and deserve.
Frequently Asked Coaching Questions
Coaching is via phone or in person (depending on where you are, I have clients 2 minutes down the road and clients who are 6000 miles away) with sessions lasting one hour. Your first session is preceded with pre-work, and each sessions highlights, insights and actions are sent to you via email following the call. These will also contain as much homework/play as you choose to keep the learning/growth/action/results happening between sessions. This is supplemented with free email coaching throughout the period you have committed to.
This is a great question, in a nutshell this is the difference:
Essentially a Life Coach is to Therapist what a Personal Trainer is to a Doctor. A doctor helps sick people get well, a personal trainer helps well people to get their best body possible. A therapist helps sick people get well, a life coach helps well people get the best and happiest life possible. It’s a quite different focus:
Therapy focuses on recovery from old wounds. Life Coaching focuses on evolving and moving forward toward joy and happiness.
Therapists are experts in medical sciences and diagnosing conditions. Life Coaches are experts in developing their clients’ strengths, talents and potential.
Therapy is geared towards clients in crisis, pain and suffering. Life Coaching is for individuals who have accepted their past, have taken responsibility for their lives and are ready to move fully into their future.
If you are ready to move forward into the fabulous future that is waiting for you I am the coach for you!
Post certification I am in touch daily with a supportive network of top Martha Beck coaches sharing the latest developments, tools and techniques.
What can I say…I am an early adopter! There are Martha Beck coaches helping clients round the world, US, Canada, South Africa, UK etc … I am proud to be the first to bring this effective, proven style of coaching to Kiwi’s who are ready and willing to live their best lives!
55 minute coaching session $99
90 minute coaching session $140
To put it in perspective think about how much have you spent on the wardrobe of clothes you don’t wear or the gym membership you don’t use or the treats you buy to distract you from being so unhappy in your job? Quality coaching is around the same cost as sessions with a good personal trainer…but it’s a personal trainer for your mind. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body, not, you know, your abs, so isn’t that the most sensible place to invest and make that permanent difference to your weight, your career or your life/work balance? You really can have the life you want: I am here to help you make that happen.
- Positively affirm the principles of coaching – confidentiality, being non- judgemental, listening very carefully, explaining and asking permission to use a particular technique or exercise to motivate you or raise awareness.
- Make sure we are right for each other, and if not, I can recommend other great coaches.
- Give you tools for life that you can use on an ongoing basis.
- Look at your values and beliefs that may have been inhibiting your progress and keeping you stuck.
- Challenge your comfort zone.
- Have fun!
- Watch for dips in motivation, and boost your confidence.
- Support you to develop a plan of action, and re-assess it, for each session and to check you are still on track to achieve your overall goal.
- Set you a simple homework task after each session to keep you focused.
- Offer you e-mail support between sessions.
Who are your clients?
I find my weight loss clients are mainly women, and that they have been struggling with diets and their weight for as long as they can remember! Career clients are men or women, and usually fall into a couple of groups…one group who want to progress faster in the career they are in and want clear direction and coaching in how to go about that, and the other half want to get the hell out of their career and need coaching on following their passion either in a completely different career direction or starting their own business. Other clients tend to be workaholics or those with significant family responsibilities looking for tools to effectively improve their work/life balance and live the life they love with more energy and fulfilment.
There are several things my clients have in common:
- Smart, successful people who understand the value of objective and supportive insight
- Willing to do the mental work required to achieve the change they desire
- Genuine desire for change… they want that end result… to look and feel fabulous/great life/work balance/ awesome career
- Have a great sense of humour
- Are no longer prepared to accept anything but the best for themselves
- Prepared to dedicate the time and emotional energy to the process
- Funny, smart, committed, forward thinking.
- Are more than willing to invest $99 to experience all the positive changes coaching can help them make
Life Coach: Louise Wilson
Positive Balance isn’t about me…it’s all about you…but here is a little detail on who I am and what I’m about before we start working together:
- I’m English, and I have lived in beautiful New Zealand since 2004. I am now a kiwi citizen and I support the All Blacks (against anyone but England!)
- I have an BSc. Honours degree in Psychology which is a fantastic complement to my Life Coaching certification. I have always been fascinated with what makes us who we are.
- I am trained in Myers Briggs Personality typing…I am an ENFJ…see bottom of page!
- I am proud to be the first Certified Martha Beck Coach in New Zealand. This was an extensive 9 month training programme, one of the most rewarding things I have ever undertaken. More details about the amazing Martha and what Life Coaching is all about on the About Coaching page…
- I worked in numerous senior commercial roles in the newspaper and magazine industry for 17 looooooooong years, both here (New Zealand Herald, NZ Woman’s Weekly etc) as well as in the UK (The Financial Times). I managed budgets over $30M and staffing over 100 people. So I know (more than I ever wanted to know) about the challenges of corporate life. I was pretty good at it, won national awards and all that sort of thing. Good times.
- I started practicing yoga in 2001 in London, in a fantastic beginners course with an amazing, inspirational teacher called Simona. That course changed my life!
- I trained to be a yoga teacher in 2005 with the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre: an incredible global organisation.
- I set up Positive Balance teaching Yoga in 2005 and have taught hundreds of lovely local students in our beautiful Northcote Point studio.
- I am expanding Positive Balance in 2010 to offer wider wellbeing services, as well as the yoga classes. I believe in everyone’s potential to have a happy, low-stress and purposeful life: in complete wellbeing, not just physical but mental, emotional and spiritual too. I am super excited about sharing the knowledge I have in the areas of Weight Loss Coaching and Career Coaching.
- Meeting my husband to be Forsyth is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
- I love murder mysteries… I am slightly obsessed in fact
- I finally feel my life has fallen into place. I have a life I LOVE, and I want to help others realise their happiest life too.
My Personality Type
|Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging|
|sociable, responsive, and highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. They are good at drawing out the best in others and want to help everyone fulfil his or her potential.|
|provide inspiring leadership to a group. They act as catalysts for individual and group growth.|
|predominantly interested in seeing the possibilities beyond what is present, obvious, or known|
|value home, family, health, friendships, learning, and community service.|
|look for and find the best in others, seeing potential in everyone and wanting to help others fulfil their potential.|
|ENFJs represent approximately 3% of the population.|
I am absolutely committed to your success…whether that’s in the yoga studio or as one of my fabulous coaching clients. I believe in your potential and your right to have a happy, fabulous, purposeful, healthy life.
Book your initial coaching session
If you are ready for me, then I am ready for you! If you want to gain clarity and momentum and move your life forward lets make it happen.
Professional Coaching is one-on-one fee based work, like say, Personal Training or, say, Tax Advice and is charged in the same ball park. Your sessions are 100% about you and tailored specifically to what is going on in your life and the specific changes you want to make. They include pre-work and homework/homeplay to ensure you keep that momentum for the change you are after between sessions.
55 minute coaching session $99
90 minute coaching session $140
To put it in perspective think about how much have you spent on the wardrobe of clothes you don’t wear or the gym membership you don’t use or the treats you buy to distract you from being so unhappy in your job? Quality coaching is around the same cost as sessions with a good personal trainer… but it’s a personal trainer for your mind. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body, not, you know, your abs, so isn’t that the most sensible place to invest and make that permanent difference to your weight, your career or your life/work balance? You really can have the life you want: I am here to help you make that happen!