How to be effortlessly happy in your own skinny skin!
I work with smart, successful women who can handle anything… except their weight! I show them how to end the weight loss struggle forever, breaking habits and patterns of a lifetime so they can fit into their favourite jeans and feel fantastic in their own skin – every day.
Weight Loss coaching is not about yet another diet. If the new fad diets worked, and I’ve tried a bunch of them over the years, then we would all be thin! Don’t tell me… eat less: exercise more… right? How many times have you heard that?! If it was that easy then we would all be a size 8. So, weight loss coaching is something totally different… not only that but it WORKS.
It’s big! Massive! Huge! in the USA but new to New Zealand… it’s not another diet. It’s not another exercise programme. It’s about learning tools and techniques that will get you to effortlessly thin, and keep you there, for life. It’s about the mental side of your weight loss struggle… helping you to release those thoughts, habits and beliefs that keep you trapped a vicious cycle of weight loss. Let me help you shift the kilos so you can look and feel the way you have always wanted to.
You really CAN lose weight permanently and I am here to help you transform the way you look and feel.
Why You Need a Coach
Lets be clear…Weight Loss coaching is not an instant fix or magic wand! There will be work involved. It will take a little time… but far less time than it took to put the weight on. Imagine how good it would feel to NEVER AGAIN OBSESS ABOUT FOOD OR HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS! To be effortlessly happy in your own skinny skin! In terms of cost, to put it in perspective think about how much have you spent on the wardrobe of clothes you don’t wear and the gym membership you don’t use? It’s around the same cost as sessions with a good personal trainer… but it’s a personal trainer for your mind. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body, not, you know, your abs, so isn’t that the most sensible place to invest and make that permanent difference? You really can lose weight and be the size you want to be: I am here to help you make that happen.
Weight Loss Coaching is new to New Zealand, I did my training with the most renowned coach in America, Dr. Martha Beck, author of the best-selling weight loss bible ‘The 4 Day Win’, and I am proud to be the only Martha Beck Certified coach in New Zealand and bringing this new and effective end to your weight loss struggle to you. To book your sessions and get on the road to skinny… forever…
Frequently Asked Coaching Questions
Coaching is via phone or in person (depending on where you are, I have clients 2 minutes down the road and clients who are 6000 miles away) with sessions lasting one hour. Your first session is preceded with pre-work, and each sessions highlights, insights and actions are sent to you via email following the call. These will also contain as much homework/play as you choose to keep the learning/growth/action/results happening between sessions. This is supplemented with free email coaching throughout the period you have committed to.
This is a great question, in a nutshell this is the difference:
Essentially a Life Coach is to Therapist what a Personal Trainer is to a Doctor. A doctor helps sick people get well, a personal trainer helps well people to get their best body possible. A therapist helps sick people get well, a life coach helps well people get the best and happiest life possible. It’s a quite different focus:
Therapy focuses on recovery from old wounds. Life Coaching focuses on evolving and moving forward toward joy and happiness.
Therapists are experts in medical sciences and diagnosing conditions. Life Coaches are experts in developing their clients’ strengths, talents and potential.
Therapy is geared towards clients in crisis, pain and suffering. Life Coaching is for individuals who have accepted their past, have taken responsibility for their lives and are ready to move fully into their future.
If you are ready to move forward into the fabulous future that is waiting for you I am the coach for you!
Post certification I am in touch daily with a supportive network of top Martha Beck coaches sharing the latest developments, tools and techniques.
What can I say… I am an early adopter! There are Martha Beck coaches helping clients round the world, US, Canada, South Africa, UK, etc. I am proud to be the first to bring this effective, proven style of coaching to Kiwi’s who are ready and willing to live their best lives!
55 minute Coaching Session $99
90 Minute Coaching Session $140
To put it in perspective think about how much have you spent on the wardrobe of clothes you don’t wear or the gym membership you don’t use or the treats you buy to distract you from being so unhappy in your job? Quality coaching is around the same cost as sessions with a good personal trainer…but it’s a personal trainer for your mind. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body, not, you know, your abs, so isn’t that the most sensible place to invest and make that permanent difference to your weight, your career or your life/work balance? You really can have the life you want: I am here to help you make that happen.
- Positively affirm the principles of coaching – confidentiality, being non- judgemental, listening very carefully, explaining and asking permission to use a particular technique or exercise to motivate you or raise awareness.
- Make sure we are right for each other, and if not, I can recommend other great coaches.
- Give you tools for life that you can use on an ongoing basis.
- Look at your values and beliefs that may have been inhibiting your progress and keeping you stuck.
- Challenge your comfort zone.
- Have fun!
- Watch for dips in motivation, and boost your confidence.
- Support you to develop a plan of action, and re-assess it, for each session and to check you are still on track to achieve your overall goal.
- Set you a simple homework task after each session to keep you focused.
- Offer you e-mail support between sessions.
Who are your clients?
I find my weight loss clients are mainly women, and that they have been struggling with diets and their weight for as long as they can remember! Career clients are men or women, and usually fall into a couple of groups… one group who want to progress faster in the career they are in and want clear direction and coaching in how to go about that, and the other half want to get the hell out of their career and need coaching on following their passion either in a completely different career direction or starting their own business. Other clients tend to be workaholics or those with significant family responsibilities looking for tools to effectively improve their work/life balance and live the life they love with more energy and fulfilment.
There are several things my clients have in common:
- Smart, successful people who understand the value of objective and supportive insight
- Willing to do the mental work required to achieve the change they desire
- Genuine desire for change… they want that end result - to look and feel fabulous/great life/work balance/awesome career
- Have a great sense of humour
- Are no longer prepared to accept anything but the best for themselves
- Prepared to dedicate the time and emotional energy to the process
- Funny, smart, committed, forward thinking.
- Are more than willing to invest $99 to experience all the positive changes coaching can help them make
I am ready to make changes in my life for the better…how do I book?
Life Coach: Louise Thompson
Positive Balance isn’t about me… it’s all about you… but here is a little detail on who I am and what I’m about before we start working together:
- I’m English, and I have lived in beautiful New Zealand since 2004. I am now a kiwi citizen and I support the All Blacks (against anyone but England!)
- I have an BSc. Honours degree in Psychology which is a fantastic complement to my Life Coaching certification. I have always been fascinated with what makes us who we are.
- I am trained in Myers Briggs Personality typing…I am an ENFJ…see bottom of page!
- I am proud to be the first Certified Martha Beck Coach in New Zealand. This was an extensive 9 month training programme, one of the most rewarding things I have ever undertaken. More details about the amazing Martha and what Life Coaching is all about on the About Coaching page…
- I worked in numerous senior commercial roles in the newspaper and magazine industry for 17 looooooooong years, both here (New Zealand Herald, NZ Woman’s Weekly etc) as well as in the UK (The Financial Times). I managed budgets over $30M and staffing over 100 people. So I know (more than I ever wanted to know) about the challenges of corporate life. I was pretty good at it, won national awards and all that sort of thing. Good times.
- I started practicing yoga in 2001 in London, in a fantastic beginners course with an amazing, inspirational teacher called Simona. That course changed my life!
- I trained to be a yoga teacher in 2005 with the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre: an incredible global organisation.
- I set up Positive Balance teaching Yoga in 2005 and have taught hundreds of lovely local students in our beautiful Northcote Point studio.
- I expanded Positive Balance in 2010 to offer wider wellbeing services, as well as the yoga classes. I believe in everyone’s potential to have a happy, low-stress and purposeful life: in complete wellbeing, not just physical but mental, emotional and spiritual too. I am super excited about sharing the knowledge I have in the areas of Weight Loss Coaching and Career Coaching.
- Meeting my husband to be Forsyth is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
- I love murder mysteries… I am slightly obsessed in fact!
- I finally feel my life has fallen into place. I have a life I LOVE, and I want to help others realise their happiest life too.
My Personality Type
|Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging|
|sociable, responsive, and highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. They are good at drawing out the best in others and want to help everyone fulfil his or her potential.|
|provide inspiring leadership to a group. They act as catalysts for individual and group growth.|
|predominantly interested in seeing the possibilities beyond what is present, obvious, or known|
|value home, family, health, friendships, learning, and community service.|
|look for and find the best in others, seeing potential in everyone and wanting to help others fulfil their potential.|
|ENFJs represent approximately 3% of the population.|
I am absolutely committed to your success…whether that’s in the yoga studio or as one of my fabulous coaching clients. I believe in your potential and your right to have a happy, fabulous, purposeful, healthy life.
Book an initial Coaching Session
If you are ready for me, then I am ready for you! If you want to gain clarity and momentum and move your life forward lets make it happen.
Professional Coaching is one-on-one fee based work, like say, Personal Training or, say, Tax Advice and is charged in the same ball park. Your sessions are 100% about you and tailored specifically to what is going on in your life and the specific changes you want to make. They include pre-work and homework/homeplay to ensure you keep that momentum for the change you are after between sessions.
55 minute coaching session $99
90 minute coaching session $140
To put it in perspective think about how much have you spent on the wardrobe of clothes you don’t wear or the gym membership you don’t use or the treats you buy to distract you from being so unhappy in your job? Quality coaching is around the same cost as sessions with a good personal trainer… but it’s a personal trainer for your mind. The brain is the most powerful organ in the body, not, you know, your abs, so isn’t that the most sensible place to invest and make that permanent difference to your weight, your career or your life/work balance? You really can have the life you want: I am here to help you make that happen!